Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Peer Response: Chang's Blog

I recently read Chang's blog about prepping and eating a hearty breakfast. I strongly agree with Chang that eating a good breakfast may be the single most important part of living a healthy lifestyle and keeping a strong diet. Eating a good breakfast starts your metabolism off on the right foot for the day and gives you much needed energy before lunch.
Chang stated that his breakfast normally includes some sausage links, toast, eggs and orange juice. I will agree this is one of the most often stereotyped breakfast meals in American culture. Personally, I love french toast with powdered sugar and raspberries on top; not to mention Chang's previously stated sausage and freshly squeezed orange juice. I also enjoy pancakes, omelets, quiche and fried potatoes. These meals along with french toast are normally not consumed on a daily basis unless sufficient time is set aside every day for breakfast. Unfortunately, with people's fast paced lives these days more simple breakfast meals are consumed on a day to day basis. More common meals associated with American's diets include Chang's idea of breakfast along with others such as cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels or simply coffee.
I am glad to see that Chang has realized the importance that breakfast plays in one's life. Besides the nutritional value, it gives one time in the often quiet hours of the morning to sit down and plan out their upcoming day, reflect on their thoughts or simply to catch up on the latest news in the newspaper. I hope I can continue to make this meal a part of my daily schedule and I hope others do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment